Jim Thorpe, January 23, 2018 — State Senator John Yudichak (D-Luzerne/Carbon) and State Representative Doyle Heffley (R-Carbon) announced today that nine Carbon County projects will receive $797,458 in funding through the Monroe County Local Share Account from the Commonwealth Financing Authority.
“The funding announced today will help our local communities complete important infrastructure and safety projects throughout Carbon County,” said Senator Yudichak. “The state’s investment in these projects ensures continued development and progress for the region and most importantly an enhanced quality of life for each resident in Carbon County.”
“These worthwhile projects assist Carbon County fire companies, first responders and local governments,” said Heffley. “I am pleased to work alongside Sen. Yudichak to ensure these state funds are awarded to worthy development initiatives that will improve our communities.”
The following projects in Carbon County were approved for funding:
- Carbon County will receive $200,000 in funding for Phase 1B in the construction process of the Carbon County Emergency and Operations Center. Phase 1B is the construction of a fire tower, which will be utilized by Carbon County fire departments for training purposes.
- The Borough of Beaver Meadows will receive $167,500 on behalf of the Carbon County Council of Governments. The funding will be used to purchase an Elgin Whirlwind Street Sweeper. The street sweeper will be shared between all member municipalities in the CCCOG.
- The Borough of Nesquehoning will receive $166,053 in funding on behalf of the Nesquehoning Hose Company No. 1. The funding will be used to complete a renovation project on the Nesquehoning Hose Company No. 1 firehouse.
- Franklin Township will receive $150,000 in funding on behalf of the Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Company. The funding will be used to complete a renovation project on the Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Company’s firehouse.
- The Borough of Lansford will receive $35,000 in funding to help with the reconstruction of the Lansford Pool.
- Banks Township will receive $34,300 in funding on behalf of the Tresckow Fire Department. The funding will be used to make ADA and HVAC renovations to the Tresckow Fire Department’s social hall, which hosts the community’s major events and meetings.
- The Carbon County Chamber and Economic Development Corp. will receive $21,618 in funding on behalf of the Lehighton Area Library. The funding will help complete an abatement and renovation project.
- Penn Forest Township will receive $20,000 in funding on behalf of the Penn Forest Township Fire Company No. 1. The funding will be used to help purchase and install a new electric sign outside its facility.
- The Carbon County Chamber and Economic Development Corp. will receive $2,987 in funding on behalf of the Carbon County Community Foundation.